Visit

These 7 Facts About Dubai Will Definitely Blow Your Mind

No income tax

While people in most countries crib about having to pay income tax, there is no income tax in Dubai. Many people come to Dubai with the idea of saving more for the same reason. It has, in the last few years, become among the richest countries in the world and is an epitome of luxury in living as well as tourism.

Has the world’s only seven-star hotel

Neon light on top

Dubai also boasts of having the world’s only seven-star hotel- Burj Al Arab. It is also the third tallest hotel in the world with a height of 1,053 feet. However, 39% of its total height is made up of non-occupiable space. Located an artificial island near Jumeirah beach, Burj Al Arab is also connected to the mainland by a private curving bridge.

Home to the largest man-made island

atlantis-the-palm-1
(c) Flickr

The largest man-made island, the Palms are made up of three artificial islands – Deira Island, Palm Jumeirah and Palm Jebel Ali. All located off the coast of Dubai, they use 94 million cubic metres of sand, which is enough to fill 2.5 Empire State Buildings. Even more surprisingly, the amount of rock and sand used here could form a 6.5 feet wall that would circle the globe three times!

Dubai Police own supercars

Source: Flickr

The Police Force in Dubai Spends More on Each of Their Super Cars Than It Costs to Send a Child to College in the USA! They have the fastest cars in the world including Bugatti to Lamborghini worth up to $8.5 million.

Only 15% of Dubai’s population is local

ITU PP-18 Social events
(c) Flickr

It is estimated that only around 15 per cent of Dubai’s population are Emiratis, while the other 85 per cent are foreigners. Most of them immigrated from India, Pakistan, and Bangladesh, comprising over 50% of the city’s population.

Sunny all through the year

Sunset in Dubai, United Arab Emirates. HDR
(C) Flickr

While Dubai is mostly a hot country, the sunniest month of the year is May. Dubai receives ample sunshine all through the year. The highest temp ever recorded in the UAE is 52.1 degrees Celsius.

The largest shopping mall in the world

0862-165 Dubai Mall fountains
(c) Flickr

Known for luxurious lifestyle and jaw-dropping skyscrapers, Dubai is also home to the world’s largest shopping mall.  Equivalent to 50 football fields, the massive mall has about 1200 stories.

(Curated by Priya Pareek)