A dazzling destination packed to the brim with ancient monuments, Turkey straddles Asia and Europe. The country is known for a beautiful amalgamation of historic monuments, natural scenery and cultural extravaganza. Tourists from across the world head to this destination to experience its vibrant culture, famous food, and vast history. Besides, glorious landscapes and mighty mountains add to its charm. Witness Byzantine and Ottoman glories of Istanbul on a city break, relax on the beach, delve into history wandering through ruins of Ephesus, or visit Pamukkale and Cappadocia, Turkey is an attraction galore.
If you are planning to visit Turkey anytime soon then here is everything you need to know about getting visa.
Turkish Visa Application
To apply for visa, you will need to complete some procedures. Select one of the following main Turkish visa types according to your requirement:
- Touristic Visit. If you are planning to travel to Turley for sightseeing, vacation, and other similar purposes.
- Business meeting/Commerce. If you want to attend a business meeting or other unpaid commerce-related activity in Turkey.
- Conference/Seminar/Meeting. When planning to participate at a conference, seminar, meeting or other similar activity in Turkey.
- Festival / Fair / Exhibition. If you want to take part in a fair, festival, exhibition, etc., in Turkey.
- Sportive Activity. If you want to travel to Turkey to attend a sports activity either as a sports person or a fan.
- Cultural/Artistic Activity. If you are planning to become part of cultural or artistic activity.
- Official Visit. When traveling to Turkey as a part of an official delegation, representing the government or other public institutions of your country.
- Visit Turkish Republic of Northern Cyprus. If you are planning to travel to the Turkish Republic of Northern Cyprus for any of the reasons listed above.
In order to apply for Turkey Visa, you will be required to submit the following documents –
- A duly filled and signed Visa Application Form.
- Two passport-sized photographs taken with a white background. (2.5 x 2.5 inches)
- A passport that is valid for at least 6 months from the date of arrival in Turkey. Please note that the passport must necessarily have at least two blank pages for the visa stamp.
- Two scanned copies of the first and last page of the passport.
- If you are a salaried employee, the original copy of the leave letter from your employer.
- In case you’re self-employed, a covering letter on your personal business letterhead with authorized signatory, name and designation with the company seal. If the covering letter is on the business letterhead, you will have to provide a copy of the original attested registration certificate.
- If you have your own business whether in sole proprietorship or partnership, you will be required to provide the incorporation certificate/Memorandum of association/partnership deed/proprietorship proof.
- The bank statements of the past 3 months with the original stamp and signature from the bank. The statements must reflect a minimum balance of Rs. 1 lakh or above. In the case of salaried employees, the salary account must be provided along with the salary slips of the last 3 months with the original stamp and sign of the organisation.
- Tour itinerary
- Confirmed hotel reservation
- Confirmed return flight ticket
- Authorization letter from the applicant in case the application is submitted by a Travel agent along with valid Photo ID of travel agent
In addition to the above-mentioned documents, you will also be required to furnish-
- A consent form for minors, whether travelling alone or accompanied by a parent. The NOC must be on a stamp paper with photos of both, the minor as well as the parent(s). The paper must be notarized.
- A travel insurance that covers medical, evacuation as well as repatriation expenses. It should also cover daily allowance in case of hospitalisation along with personal accidental death. The insurance must cover the traveller for a minimum of 30,000 Euros.
(Curated by Priya Pareek)